This job is in our San Diego office:
Franklin Wireless (www.franklinwireless.com) a small public traded company is looking for a Director of Finance. The Director of Finance will be accountable for all financial operations of the company and be managing financial controls.
- The Director of Finance reviews/writes/ edits / creates all legal documents and correspondence for the company
- Negotiates and monitors all legal and vendor issues involving the company to obtain the best possible cost
- Directs and develops monthly management reporting and analysis of financial statements, reviewing for accuracy and investigating if necessary
- Communicates results to senior management and Board of Directors
- Directs the monthly, quarterly and annual budgeting, capital building plans and variation reporting to identify areas requiring attention and areas for improvement.
- Directs the preparation of operating metrics, sales forecast, etc
- Works with President on investor relations and stock administration issues, prepares quarterly Board Meeting materials and company update materials
- Oversee the issuance of financial information
- Review and approve all filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission
- Interface with the company’s overseas operations and vendors
- Other duties as assigned
Working Conditions: Will work in an office environment.
- The Director of Finance should have at least a Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- 5+ years experience across the range of accounting and finance responsibility for publicly traded Corporation.
- SEC filing requirements – ideally experience with the required filings, minimally a solid understanding of what SEC requirements are for a public traded company
- The Director of Finance should also have a good understanding of legal concepts, extensive computer and software skills – especially PowerPoint, excellent interpersonal skills, project coordination experience, strong communication skills and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, auditors, investors, clients, and vendors.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, decision-making, and problem-solving abilities along with an analytical aptitude, and a passion for uncovering insights
- Detailed understanding of Quick Books
- High level of attention to detail
- Use an understanding of our unique business model to identify potential value creation through our current and future product line